About Trash and Recycling Services

New Account Information

Republic Services, operating as Allied Waste, provides the solid waste and recycling services for all residents of Oak Point.  Solid waste collection is by subscription.  New customers may call Republic Services/Allied Waste at (972) 422-2341 to begin service or apply online by
clicking here.  Residents are billed quarterly by Republic Services/Allied Waste.

Collection Days

Trash is collected in blue 95-gallon roll-out carts weekly on Mondays.  Recycling and bulk collection occurs every other Monday in accordance with the schedule linked in the side bar on the right side of this page.  Recyclable goods are placed in green 95-gallon roll-out carts.  Roll-out carts and bulky items must be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on collection days.  If a holiday falls on a Monday, collection will occur on Tuesday.

Recyclable Materials

Recyclable materials include:

Plastics - Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7 plastics (milk jugs, liter bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.) can be recycled.  Please remove all caps.  (
No butter tubs or containers with openings as large as the container or plastic bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products are accepted.)

Glass - All colors of glass bottles can be recycled. Please rinse containers and discard lids.  (No plate glass, ceramic or mirrors are accepted.)

Metal -
All tin and aluminum food and beverage cans can be recycled. It’s not necessary to remove the label, but please remove the lids and rinse food waste from the cans.  (Aluminum foil is not accepted.)

Newspapers, Magazines, and Catalogs - Newspapers, catalogs and magazines can all be recycled in your recycle bin. Do not bundle newspaper or place in bags.

Junk Mail, Cardboard, and Mixed Household Paper - Place all junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes, cardboard, chipboard and any other household paper product inside your bin.  No tissues, wet paper or paper contaminated with food products are accepted.  All cardboard must be broken down to a size that will fit inside your recycle bin.  Larger boxes can be placed under your recycle bin.  Only flattened boxes will be accepted. 

Materials that are NOT recyclable include:

Batteries of any kind, bubble wrap, ceramics, chemicals, diapers, food-soiled paper products or pizza boxes, hardback books, household hazardous waste and toxic containers, kitchen waste, motor oil bottles, oil, paint, plastic bags, plastic takeout containers and utensils, Styrofoam, tires, trash, waxed cartons, window glass, and yard waste

Bulky Item and Brush Collection

Bulk collection includes stoves, water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other waste materials other than construction debris, dead animals, hazardous waste, or stable matter as well as tree, shrub and brush trimmings securely tied together forming an easily handled bundle, not exceeding four feet in length, six inches in diameter, or 40 pounds in weight.

Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

Denton County provides assistance with the disposal of household hazardous waste  by participating in a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program coordinated through the Upper Trinity Regional Wastewater District.  The Program allows Denton County residents to obtain vouchers from Denton County which are then presented with household hazardous waste at a collection event.  Currently, the number of vouchers is limited and the vouchers are available on a first come-first serve basis.  Household hazardous waste that is collected at events includes:

Acids, fertilizers, paints, stains, varnishes, aerosol cans, fluorescent lights, paint thinners, antifreeze, fungicides, pest strips, batteries (car and household), gasoline, pesticides, brake fluid, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, craft chemicals, household cleaners, photo chemicals, hobby chemicals, Items containing mercury, pool chemicals, degreasers, motor oil, solvents, drain cleaners, oil filters, and fuel.

Materials that are NOT accepted include ammunition, explosives, propane/butane cylinders, medical waste, radioactive waste, and tires.
More information regarding the collection events and vouchers can be obtained by contacting the Denton County Public Works Department at (940) 349-3250 or by clicking here.